Saturday, May 9, 2009

...and then she sang to me!


Periodically, to promote my baked goods, I do tastings at various places that sell my products. I always meet interesting and sometimes odd people.

Today I was at a store I have done tastings for several times, and it's always an experience. People come by to chat me up while sampling my offerings. Today it was several types of brownies and tea breads.

The last time I was at this particular store, I was visited, on and off, by a very hip looking Priest. He was maybe 65 years old, shaved head, wearing all black, many silver chains, bracelets, rings, and a pierced ear. He would come by my table, stand there and EAT....like he was having lunch! Then he would wander around the store, come back to my table and EAT! He would repeat this 3 or 4 times over an hour, without saying a word. I didn't know what to do. He was eating all my samples. He was a PRIEST for God's sake! So, I just stood there and let him...but I wanted to say, "Father, have you forgotten? Gluttony is a SIN".

Today, I was approached by a woman who sampled nothing. She started chatting with me, and when she discovered my name was Dawn, she started singing to me in jingles...loudly. She started with my name, moved on to my business name, Sweet Considerations, and ended up with a Groucho Marx impersonation, while doing a soft shoe. I swear people, you can't make these things up. We ended the performance with a hug, and I have to say, she really made my day!


1 comment:

PGJ said...

Yes Gluttony is a sin and you should remember that while stuffing your face!

Midgie